- Visualizing the Future of Tech - Cool visualization tho may be too high level to deduce a lot.
- (500) https://www.illuminata.com/?name=tpcc - @merv I wrote this piece in 2004(!) TPC-C as a simulation of the real world has only gotten sillier since
- MIT's Ross on how enterprise architecture and IT more than ever lead to business transformation | ZDNet - "Yes, the thing we’re learning about enterprise architecture is that there’s a cultural shift that takes place in an organization, when it commits to doing business in a new way, and that cultural shift starts with abandoning a culture of heroes and accepting a culture of discipline."
- One tsp. — Online Recipe Box
- Rough Type: Nicholas Carr's Blog: Why publishers should give away ebooks - "Buy the atoms, get the bits free. That just feels right - in tune with the universe, somehow." -- Appealing idea. But I'm skeptical it can work in many cases.
- The Future Of Screen Typography Is In Your Hands - Smashing Coding | Smashing Coding - "In many ways, 2012 is the new 1999. We have the freedom to work with any font we like via the @font-face selector. But our main tool, the browser, does not have any OpenType features to speak of. We have to create workarounds."
- Open Virtualization Alliance – News & Events - I'll be speaking at the @OVAorg webinar 2/15-16. Register:
- New Ferris Bueller Ad Released - The Daily Beast
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 1:22 PM