- Don't expect the end of electronics obsolescence anytime soon - O'Reilly Radar - I think certain device classes so tend to reach plateaus but, yes, rapid upgrades are more the norm than historically.
- Megaupload down, FBI Charges Seven With Online Piracy | Hacker News - Ref HN thread Find bothersome reflexive condemnation follows ANY media copyright infringement enforcement
- Gamasutra - News - Microsoft gamifies Visual Studio with achievements - Visual Studio "achievements"? Gamification has officially run amuck.
- Amazon DynamoDB: First Look – tecosystems - Typically thorough writeup on Amazon DynamoDB by @sogrady
- "Marathon Man" and cloud storage: Is it safe? - Computerworld Blogs - "For those of us in a cloud-related field, the same question -- "Is it safe?" -- is only slightly less cringe worthy. Here again, at least part of the torture stems from the lack of clarity about the question itself. When asked if public cloud storage is safe, (or cost effective, scalable, high-performance) the only correct answer has to be, "Compared to what?""
Friday, January 20, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:48 PM