- Virtual Pet Owners Sue Google Over Lost ‘Gold’ | paidContent - "Disputes over SuperPoke gold and other online currencies were once the stuff of futurists and law school hypotheticals. But now it’s big business—observers suspect the sale of virtual goods counts for a healthy portion of Faceook’s revenue. And Forbes magazine recently asked if the social network should be considered a central bank in light of the spread of Facebook Credits."
- Red Hat on Open Source and the Cloud – Intel Conversations in the Cloud – Episode 37 | Connected Social Media - "In this Intel Conversations in the Cloud audio podcast with Allyson Klein: Gordon Haff from Red Hat chats about cloud topics including: management of cloud workloads, challenges in solution delivery in a hybrid model, a broader adoption of open source in cloud, and his company’s work with the Open Data Center Alliance."
- The Ecommerce Revolution Is All About You | TechCrunch - "Amazon and Netflix represent the first wave of personalization. I believe that we are going to enter into the next wave of a more personalized e-commerce experience as retailers and e-commerce sites move towards mining data to improve sales and conversions."
- CI Fail: Contextual Relevance Gone Bad | Forrester Blogs - Oops. Nurture emails gone bad.
- Here Come the Cloud Cartels - NYTimes.com - Seems to be coming back to the Greg P "there will be 5 computers" meme which isn't really how things have been playing out.
- Meet Bill Gates, the Man Who Changed Open Source Software | Wired Enterprise | Wired.com
- Bay Area Technology Professionals Can’t Get Hired as Industry Moves On - NYTimes.com - "“These are people who know how to run a factory floor, but most of these new companies don’t care about that,” said Connie Buck, a career counselor who helps run Pro Match."
- Coming Apart by Charles Murray - Quiz - RT @mjasay: Interesting quiz/article on the ignorance of elite Americans about the mainstream
- Amazing nature - The Eagle Owl - 1000 fps towards camera.
Monday, January 30, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:10 PM