- » Is Blu-ray any less dead than HD DVD? | Hardware 2.0 | ZDNet.com - A lot of this meme going around. I'm unconvinced downloadable movies play a big role in the near-term but I'm not sure most people care enough about picture quality to both upgrading from regular DVD (at least until it's a no-brainer).
- Semantic Web: What Is The Killer App? - ReadWriteWeb - "There is a misunderstanding about the Semantic Web which is floating around, which equates the Semantic Web with ability to solve really hard problems. It is simply not true." IOW, it's only incremental.
- What's the best Web site for geotagged photos? | Underexposed - CNET News.com - Good overview of how various photo sites handle location-tagged photographs.
- 10 Creepiest Old Ads - Some (most) of these: OMG.
- Baby Dies in Fire, Iomega Says "Burn, Baby, Burn!" » Adrants - The sometimes problems of contextual advertising. This is apparently old but real AFAIK.
- Ten Reasons We're Doomed: CES Edition - This is actually pretty good. One item (I kid you not): "Designer Tasers"
- PlagiarismToday » The Public Domain Trend - "readers are not served by authors permitting plagiarism. Doing so allows the public to be duped by liars who artificially inflate their reputation, to receive outdated information that is often outright incorrect, to be buried by spam (spammers can now t
- HipMojo.com - Main Street Meets Madison Avenue, Wall Street and Silicon Valley » Guaranteed Path to Deadpool: Bad Advisers - "Yes, it’s good to see the forest through the trees… but you also don’t want to spend too much time thinking big when you have tactical, micro-level operational issues to tend to."
- People Over Process » IT Management for The Big Switch - Mid-afternoon Speculation and Blue-skying - "Part of the down in the much issue rests on the question of how much the cloud idea is about hardware running in the cloud vs. software running in the cloud."
- Digital photo frames have arrived | (parent . thesis) - Parenting and technology with Amy and Michael Tiemann - CNET Blogs - I've thought about getting one for my dad but the good ones are still pretty pricey.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 11:48 AM