- Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection: Photophlow Rocks - Looks interesting although I don't participate in the "social media" side of Flickr much.
- Dan Heller's Photography Business Blog: Gaming the Creative Commons for Profit - Dan's had several thought provoking posts on Creative Commons recently. He argues that it doesn't work for photographs. I don't 100% agree--at least, yet.
- A VC: Rhapsody: An Apology Of Sorts - "So I guess I owe Rhapsody an apology here. It's not entirely their fault. They are not luddites. They are in bed with luddites."
- Irving Wladawsky-Berger: Towards the Knowledge Economy - Irving discuses some of the characteristics of cloud computing.
- WeSmirch - This is hilarious. A celeb gossip version of Techmeme. Who knew that the Techmeme concept could be adapted to even more trivial, self-absorbed, and largely inaccurate news?
- Put Buyers First? What a Concept - New York Times - Great story about Amazon. You can't buy that sort of good publicity.
- Negroponte on Intel's $100 laptop pullout - Jan. 4, 2008 - There's at least some fault on both sides here.
- Cool Tool: Motion Mountain - This looks very, well, cool.
- The Best Leaders of 2007 - BusinessWeek - With HP's Mark Hurd at #1. One could argue that HP is now too focused on execution at the expense of everything else but Mark certainly fixed a lot of things that were out of kilter.
- Q&A: Red Hat CEO believes Delta past isn't a liability | Underexposed - CNET News.com - Another good interview with Whitehurst.
- Stereoscopy for your digital SLR | Underexposed - CNET News.com - This looks very cool.
- 10 Useful Plugins for Windows Live Writer | Sarah In Tampa | Channel 10 - Some of these may be useful.
Monday, January 07, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 1:09 PM