- Futuristic Play by Andrew Chen: 5 ways to break past the San Francisco echo-chamber - "it's very easy to get excited about the next new thing rather than realize the eternal truth of technology: Every new technology takes longer to permeate the world than you'd think."
- Editors Note: The Ron Paul Vid-Lash - The Medium - Magazine - New York Times Blog - Minor firestorm over a blog at the New York Times.
- A VC: YottaMusic RIP - Rhapsody seems to have shutdown YottaMusic. I didn't use it much but I have trouble understanding Rhapsody's issue here. (It apparently related to YottaMusic using non-public APIs.)
- Long Live Closed-Source Software! | Computers | DISCOVER Magazine - Interesting perspective.
- » Eight reasons SaaS will surge in 2008 | Software as Services | ZDNet.com - More reasons why SaaS will surge.
- THINK IT Services: Top Ten Reasons Why On-Demand Services Will Soar in 2008 - Will 2008 be the big year? May be premature but certainly rapidly growing.
- It's behind you: Great White stalks ocean canoeist | the Daily Mail - Great photo (and apparently for real).
- Share Your Travels With Driftr - ReadWriteWeb - An interesting Web 2.0 site I'll have to check out.
- Redmond | Feature Article: Google's Secret Weapon - As Simon Phipps notes: "Glyn does a good job documenting how Google tactically supports open source to damage Microsoft without actually letting openness spread into the company."
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:48 PM