Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Good questions about Video iPods

I'm always a bit hesitant to comment on the usage models underpinning a lot of electronic gadgets when it's pretty clear that I'm not the target demographic. I own a couple of different iPod flavors (a Shuffle and a standard pre-photo 40GB one), but don't have a whole lot of interest in showing off photos on the little screen—much less video. However, I don't typically show snapshots around either or take a lot of video with my digital camera, so I've sort of shrugged and figured I'm just not the audience.

That may be true, but this article from MSNBC about the video iPod mirrors a lot of my thoughts. For example:
You can listen to your iPod at work, at home, at the gym, in the car. Basically, that means everywhere. But watching your iPod might not be as convenient. It will be tough to watch at work or while jogging. And in the car? Passengers, yes. Drivers, no.

Good questions.

[UPDATE: For the opposing view, here's a piece from Information Week.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you have to load your music onto the ipod or it loads it self