- HP outperforms IBM in Q1 server sales - Servers - ComputerworldUK - The shift towards x86 at the high end does seem to be accelerating.
- The Wrong Way to Cloud-Enable A Data Center « Data Center Knowledge - This is good!
- 'Lost' finale: All the unanswered questions, courtesy of College Humor - From Inside the Box - Zap2it - Pretty good!
- Home - Cloud Commons
- CloudStandards - A wiki litng various standardization efforts going on around cloud computing.
- IBM's Moffat, Chiesi Were `Intimate,' U.S. Says - Bloomberg - Can't say this story is a shocker. It's the only thing that ever made any sense to me.
- An analysis of WebM and its patent risk | carlodaffara.conecta.it - This post is more optimistic about patent risk in WebM because of apparent deliberate(?) "sub-optimal" choices.
- IPad Rivals Encounter Delays - Forbes.com - Not that I had any regrets, but makes me feel that much better about not waiting for whatever the "ideal" device coming down the pike turns out to be.
- HP explains why printer ink is so expensive - Computerworld Blogs
- Practical Analysis: The Slog Toward Private Clouds -- Cloud Computing -- InformationWeek - "SaaS is simply better understood than the other forms of cloud computing, including internal private clouds, and that comes through in our survey." << Consistent with what I see as well. And only gets more pronounced among less IT-savvy audiences.
- Internet Evolution - Midmarket Clan Editor's Blog - Midmarket Favors Local Cloud Support - "While your average midmarket company may do massive amounts of business with larger suppliers, they are more likely to favor cloud computing service and support from smaller vendors located closer to their own businesses." << Another reason why public clouds aren't just about mega-providers.
- There is No Such Thing as Mass Culture Any More - Business - The Atlantic - "We live in a different world, one where there's something for almost everyone--but not the same thing."
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:13 AM