- Carcassonne Board Game Coming to IPhone, IPad - PCWorld - I've been wanting to try out this game for ages. Sounds like a good opportunity.
- Inconvenient Questions - Game developers bitch, at least privately, but, yeah, the technorati to the degree that they think about it at all seem to accept that the closed development environments of gaming consoles is just the way things are.
- What iPads Did To My Family - Chuck's Blog - Anyone who refers to "the family NAS server" and the household support escalation process is definitely a geek! Otherwise, this post does make me go hmm. I've been thinking of the iPad as a replacement for a Kindle or as a travel device. Maybe that's wrong.
- A Note on Newsweek (long) (updated) - Culture - The Atlantic - Pre the full richness of today's Web, I found weekly news mags (typically Time) a good way to make sure I was somehow getting synced up with important happenings, trends, etc.; I was not a big reader of daily newspapers or the evening news. That function is, of course, long gone.
- Awesome one-man reenactment of Downfall "Hitler Bunker" scene - Boing Boing
- Analyst: Netbook Sales Growth Declining Since Apple iPad Announced | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD - Some correlation does seem probable as both devices can be thought of as being in an "supplementary low-end mobile device that isn't a full-fledged notebook" category.
- Cloud Computing Trends and Services | Walt Mossberg | Personal Technology | AllThingsD - One of the things that causes a lot of confusion is that what consumers think of as the "cloud" (SaaS, Web 2.0, etc.) actually has very little to do with cloud computing infrastructure.
Friday, May 07, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:16 PM