- First-ever test of public cloud management wares
- How to Save the News - Magazine - The Atlantic - "That goal is a reinvented business model to sustain professional news-gathering. This is essential if the “crowd sourcing” and citizen journalism that have already transformed news coverage—for instance, the videos from inside the Iranian protests last summer—are not to be the world’s only source of information. Accounts like those are certainly valuable, but they will be all the more significant if they are buttressed by reports from people who are paid to keep track of government agencies, go into danger zones, investigate and analyze public and private abuse, and generally serve as systematic rather than ad hoc observers. (I am talking about what journalism should do, not what it often does.) "
- ASCII by Jason Scott / DistriWiki: A Proposal - Interesting discussion but ultimately distribution suggests to me the Web as a whole rather than Wikipedia whether in multiple forms or not.
- The Lost Tribes of RadioShack: Tinkerers Search for New Spiritual Home | Magazine - I confess that I've tended to view Radio Shack as the source of last resort but a long-term trend seems to be intensifying.
- Your Virtual Machine Teleporter is ready Are you? - Virtual Geek
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:27 AM