- Rough Type: Nicholas Carr's Blog: Realtimesink - "There's been much written about how the Web provides new opportunities for people to express themselves. That's true, and welcome. But the Web is also an enormous global timesink, sucking up massive amounts of time that might have gone into more productive, thoughtful, and fulfilling activities."
- Hardwood-Roasted Bone Marrow » Craigie On Main
- Europe.view: Redrawing the map | The Economist
- The real reason why Steve Jobs hates Flash - Charlie's Diary - "My take on the iPhone OS, and the iPad, isn't just that they're the start of a whole new range of Apple computers that have a user interface as radically different from their predecessors as the original Macintosh was from previous command-line PCs. Rather, they're a hugely ambitious attempt to keep Apple relevant to the future of computing, once Moore's law tapers off and the personal computer industry craters and turns into a profitability wasteland."
- tecosystems » Mobile is the New Desktop: The HP/Palm Q&A - This hits the "why" pretty well. I'm not sure anyone (including the parties involved) can truly know how well this will play out at this point.
- H.P. and Palm – P.D.A. Powerhouses Unite - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com - I remember the time when everybody just HAD to have a PDA.
- The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs : We are removing Flash support from OS X - Oh, this is really a good one!
- Steve Jobs’ Apple-Adobe Letter: A Bullshit-Free Translation - This is pretty funny (and pretty accurate).
- Enemy Lurks in Briefings on Afghan War - PowerPoint - NYTimes.com - This "death by Powerpoint" article has been getting a lot of press.
- Helping To Avoid A Really Bad Day - Chuck's Blog - Chuck makes a lot of great points.
Monday, May 03, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:33 PM