- Cloud APIs: It’s the Architecture that Matters | RightScale Blog
- The Problem with Airlines and Checked Baggage: On the Case : Expert Travel Tips : Condé Nast Traveler
- Corporate Open Source Anti-patterns
- Red Hat CEO: The nuts and bolts of open source | ITworld - "Specifically, Whitehurst described the invention of the auto lathe in 1810 by Henry Maudslay, which enabled the mass production of standardized hardware, such as nuts and bolts. It would be the availability of such standardized components, approximately 60 years into the Industrial Age, that would spawn a massive explosion of innovation around industrial products."
- Untitled (http://www.myoops.org/ans7870/11/11.001j/f01/lectureimages/2/image24.html) - RT @bostonography: "MIT Beaver, 1916 Crossing of Charles to found new campus." And to absolutely terrify you.
- The Julia Child Recipes Home Cooks Still Make - NYTimes.com
- Data Center Dialog: The 110-year-old light bulb is a little too much like today’s IT - You have to manage risk but sometimes it is better to start fresh.
- IBM - The Palace Museum (08/30/2010) - RT @linux_at_ibm: Fun case study: Forbidden City in Beijing uses #BladeCenter running #Linux --runs RHEL on BladeCenter
- Magazines Don’t Have a Digital Problem, They Have a Bundling Problem | PandoDaily - "We will always need editors to commission and shape strong stories, but we don’t need them so much to bundle disparate pieces of content into one immutable chunk. Instead, many of the most savvy readers prefer to consume magazine journalism piece by piece, taking note of the source from which it sprung, but not necessarily paying heed to whatever else happened to be placed alongside it in that source that particular week or month. "
- A VC: Open Protocols - RT @mathewi: "I believe in open protocols and open APIs. That is what the web was built on" -- Fred Wilson <
- Software lives forever | The Pervasive Data Center - CNET News - .@jayfry3 @johnrrymer This story I wrote a couple of years back have fave example re: software living forever
- United Airlines Lost My Friend's 10 Year Old Daughter And Didn't Care - Bob Sutton - Horrible United story.
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 2:49 PM