- Source Sans Pro: Adobe’s first open source type family « Typblography
- Oracle Loses HP Itanium Court Battle - Hardware - Processors - Informationweek
- Badminton, taxes, regulation …. and the people’s justice — Crooked Timber - IMO, it depends on the context. For example, I'm not convinced there is some moral imperative to follow the "spirit of the law" wrt taxes.
- Why iPads Are the Future of In-Flight Entertainment - I'm suspect that the logistics of implementing such a system would ar outweigh any benefits given the bring-your-own option.
- Jonathan Schwartz: Oracle bungled its chance at mobile Java | Internet & Media - CNET News
- How low (power) can you go? - Charlie's Diary
- Aeolus Project Blog - RT @aeolusproject: Just launched our blog -- -- hosted by @openshift and WordPress. Check it out!
- My Top Five Sessions at the CloudOpen Conference | The Linux Foundation - "Beyond Open Source in the Cloud - Gordon Haff, Red Hat. Openness doesn’t stop and end with the submission of some format to a standards body or with the announcement of partners endorsing some specific technology platform. It doesn’t stop and end with open source either. An open cloud isn’t about having some singular feature. It’s about maximizing a wide range of characteristics that push the needle from closed to truly open. These include open source and open standards for sure. But they also include portability of applications and data, viable and independent communities, freedom from IP encumbrances, and APIs that are independent of specific implementations."
- Lessons Learned from a Bring Your Own Device Project › Avema Mobile Device Management - Interesting post I ran across "Lessons Learned from a Bring Your Own Device Project" #BYOD
- With 'bring your own,' a PC isn't just another device | The Pervasive Data Center - CNET News - Don't confuse BYOD with BYOPC by me
- Linux Hater's Blog: Your free software website, for dummies - Your free software website for dummies :-)
Thursday, August 02, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 3:48 PM