- The Real Time Myth - Input Output - "How fast data is delivered is usually a function of necessity, cost, and benefit." -- Good reality check.
- Federal Cloud and the Reactionary Skeptic | a technology job is no excuse - "The trouble with the Reactionary Skeptic is that it’s a bloodless position. There’s no vision. The article is filled with warnings without a single suggestion for improving the situation. Altogether, the message being communicated to government is: Be Afraid. This kind of article encourages a fearful conservatism, which is the most toxic trait in government managers today."
- The 2nd Tenet of Open Source: Bet on the Community, Not the Current State of Technology | tentenet.net - RT @bryanwche: The 2nd Tenet of Open Source: Bet on the Community, Not the Current State of Technology
- Doubling SaaS Revenue By Changing The Pricing Model | Kalzumeus Software
- OpenStack dons a Red Hat • The Register
- East Coast VS West Coast PaaS Psychology - Apprenda
- From the archive: Parkinson's Law | The Economist
- Fear of flying: Welcome aboard | The Economist
- Uber runs afoul of Massachusetts regulators - District of DeBonis - The Washington Post - RT @rlove: Via @washingtonpost, incumbents and their captured regulators try to shutdown @Uber_BOS.
- Journey Into Space (Dec. 8, 1952) | TIME and Space: A Lofty History of Space Exploration on TIME Magazine’s Covers | NewsFeed | TIME.com
- Drinking at work: The boredom of boozeless business | The Economist - RT @cote: "Today, it seems that the battle is over and the killjoys have won." << V different since I started working
- A Candid Interview with Mitt Romney : The New Yorker
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:11 PM