- Historic Photos From the NYC Municipal Archives - In Focus - The Atlantic
- Food Fascist | Michael Ruhlman
- P.S. A Column On Things: The death of photojournalism as we have known it
- RAND: Not So Reasonable? - Simon Says... - "When RAND terms are required (be they FRAND, RAND-Z or plain RAND), they indicate a desire to hold in reserve the option of controlling the relationship with the end user, introducing different terms depending on the competitive and market context. This scope for additional restrictions and for variability dependent on the field of use is what makes any form of RAND a red flag to open source developers."
- Welcome - The Data Journalism Handbook
- What We Can Learn From Super-Slow Motion | VSL
- The End of Gaming (Consoles) | Gaming Business Review - "Of all the segments I have ever worked in, the gaming one has the most ‘religious fervor’ – often mixed with a bizarre bigotry. Fanboys rage at each other and the suppliers try hard to play to this audience. Yes, many know there is a bigger audience out there, but it was not the big game makers that produced Farmville, or Angry Birds or even Draw Something. Is this because the big game makers are busy trying to be a film-studio (or even replace film studios)? Maybe."
Monday, April 30, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 6:38 PM