- John Grisham Explains Baseball
- Who Made That Pie Chart? - NYTimes.com
- Is GPL licensing in decline? | Open Source Software - InfoWorld
- Midsize Insider: IT Trends: A Vast, Moving Cloud? - "Are Big Data, mobility, and the cloud converging to reshape the IT environment at a fundamental level? Red Hat's "cloud evangelist" says that they are. True, his job is to say things like that. But in fact, these IT trends are hard to miss: They dominate the tech press week after week. They form the backdrop for all the buzz about individual tech firms."
- Daily Research News Online no. 15349 - Gartner Offers $AUD 20m for IDEAS - Missed this news. Gartner acquiring IDEAS (which had acquired DH Brown long time ago)
- Five not-so-obvious reasons why Apple won't be Sony redux | ZDNet - RT @sjvn: RT @dbfarber: Five not-so-obvious reasons why Apple won't be Sony redux @ldignan << Makes sense.
- The Google attack: How I attacked myself using Google Spreadsheets and I ramped up a $1000 bandwidth bill | A Computer Scientist in a Business School - RT @samj: The Google attack: How I attacked myself using Google Spreadsheets and I ramped up a $1000 bandwidth bill ...
- Talent Shortage Looms Over Big Data - WSJ.com
- Open Cloud Conf - RT @pmikeyp: The Open Cloud Conference at the Silicon Valley Cloud Center is next week - << I'll be on panel Tues AM
- The Library of Utopia - Technology Review - "Google's ambitious book-scanning program is foundering in the courts. Now a Harvard-led group is launching its own sweeping effort to put our literary heritage online. Will the Ivy League succeed where Silicon Valley failed?"
- High-stakes one-shot Prisoner's Dilemma on a British game show with an astounding strategy - Boing Boing
- High stakes for open source in the commercial cloud | Open Source Software - InfoWorld
Friday, April 27, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 1:19 PM