- iTWire - Why we need the GPL more than ever - The trend towards more permissive licensing really upsets some folks.
- Here is why Facebook bought Instagram — Tech News and Analysis - "Instagram has what Facebook craves – passionate community. People like Facebook. People use Facebook. People love Instagram. It is my single most-used app."
- Red Hat Contributes More to OpenStack than Canonical Ubuntu - InternetNews. - "Canonical also does not show up in the list of top Linux kernel contributors either. While as a company Canonical and its charismatic leadership continue to proclaim how they are moving the open source community forward, the numbers tell of a different story. The numbers show that Canonical's culture of contribution is not in the same league as Red Hat's."
- Who Wrote OpenStack Essex? A Deep Dive Into Contributions - RT @cloudpundit: Who Wrote OpenStack Essex? A Deep Dive Into Contributions by @jzb via @RWW
- Twitter / @RyanProgramming: An animated Cloud Computin ...
- If Oracle wins its Android suit, everyone loses | Open Source Software - InfoWorld - Good history of Java from a legal and competitive environment perspective.
- The Open Source Implications of the CloudStack Announcement – tecosystems - "While everyone wants to predict outcomes on project and API futures, the fact is that it’s too early in most cases to project accurately. "
- Practical Tips from Four Years of Worldwide Travel | Legal Nomads
- Good is my copilot - Boston.com - "Not every drama or near tragedy is a teachable moment. At the risk of sounding too mellow about the whole incident, we should just sit back, admit stuff happens, and recognize that there was a backup plan: the copilot."
- An Animated History of the MBTA [Map] | BostInno - Animated MBTA map through history
- darktable 1.0 released | darktable
- Questions Amazon Should Answer About Its Cloud Strategy - Forbes - RT @jasonbrooks: Questions Amazon Should Answer About Its Cloud Strategy - Forbes << Good questions.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:41 AM