- Rough Type: Nicholas Carr's Blog: Bring back Google Scholar! - "This is exactly the kind of of self-serving bloat that Google used to make fun of Microsoft for. We become what we hate."
- Alex Payne — How Not To Sell Software in 2012 - "your site says “cloud”, but your sales process says “1970s mainframe”."
- 90 Minutes Of Free Lightroom 4 Video Training From Adobe | PhotoshopSupport.com
- Basic color schemes: Color Theory Introduction
- Terry Heaton’s PoMo Blog » Blog Archive » The ‘Great Winnowing’ has begun - "What we’re going to see over the next several years is a “Great Winnowing” in the industries of journalism, a shifting in the marketplace of ideas and information from one driven by paid professionals to one driven by passion, whether amateur or professional. Those who make it best will be independent contractors, those who live and thrive apart from the teat of mother employer. This is likely to be a brutal place, which means the selling of the “occupation” to wide-eyed high schoolers will be problematic for universities and the institution itself."
- Ambient Social Location Apps Will be Consumer Duds - "The microclimate that is SXSW and San Francisco often creates hype for services that, ultimately, no one is going to really care about. Foursquare and Twitter did well at SXSW in their growth phases but those companies may prove to be the exception instead of the rule. The crop this year includes several "ambient social location' apps that are likely destined for obscurity when the time comes that normal users are supposed to adopt."
- Kdenlive Part 1: Introduction to Kdenlive | opensource.com
- Dos and Don’ts for PowerPoint Business Presentations | BostInno - IMO the "best practices" for Powerpoint animations etc. can mostly be summed up as JUST SAY NO
- This Article Generating Thousands Of Dollars In Ad Revenue Simply By Mentioning New iPad | The Onion - America's Finest News Source - RT @TheOnion: This Article Generating Thousands Of Dollars In Ad Revenue Simply By Mentioning New iPad
- 10 Great Imperial Stouts To Try Right Now | Serious Eats: Drinks
- These Ducks are Ready to Start Drinking For St. Patty’s Day [Image] | BostInno - The duckling are ready to start drinking. Very funny.
Thursday, March 08, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 2:30 PM