- Dollar Shave Club Launches Razor Subscription Service, Raises $1M From Kleiner (And Others) | TechCrunch - Someone please tell me that an Onion headline accidentally ended up on Techcrunch.
- E-discovery in the cloud? Not so easy - Computerworld
- 24/192 Music Downloads are Very Silly Indeed
- Five Leadership Mistakes Of The Galactic Empire - Forbes
- 9 Phrases We Should Stop Seeing in Tech Journalism | Dissociated Press - "“Anything-killer” – I’ve probably done this myself, so mea culpa. But this is so over-used now, and so very often wrong. Mostly, though, it’s the binary nature of the argument that I find most objectionable. It’s possible for two successful products of similar types to co-exist."
- 451 CAOS Theory » That’s not science: the FSF’s analysis of GPL usage - RT @maslett: That’s not science: the FSF’s analysis of GPL usage << 451 analysis seems pretty solid
- Data vs. models at the Strata Conference | The Pervasive Data Center - CNET News - RT @xamat: "Data vs. models at the Strata Conference" - Great summary of my #strataconf talk at CNET by @ghaff
- Groupon Fail: Daily Deal Site Offers Deal For Closed Cambridge Restaurant [Image] | BostInno - Groupon runs daily deal for (very recently) closed restaurant. Oops.
- TileMill | MapBox
- Technology News: Distros: Canonical's Ticking Time Clock - "Given Canonical's history of abandoned users and product announcements that come up short in execution, Shuttleworth's most recent goal of 200 million users by 2015 doesn't compute. There's simply no path from "declining OS vendor" to "competing on an equal footing with Microsoft, Apple and Google." It's the sort of rhetoric a CEO would say to rally the troops, but it's become obvious that it's already too late."
- Are community cloud services the next hot thing? - Includes comments from me.
- Appealing to the base - Roger Ebert's Journal
Tuesday, March 06, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:31 AM