- Fountainhead: Predictions: What You WON'T See in IT For 2012 - Good list. Would quibble here and there but don't really disagree with any of the basic assertions.
- Envelope Please... Announcing the Winners for the 2011 Washies | CIO's Guide to Cloud Computing and On-Demand | Appirio - The 2011 cloudwashing winners.
- From the comments - This sums up my take pretty well: "The “class warfare” comment shows Josh is missing the point on this one. It’s not that the Mercedes is “empirically better” and certainly not “because it’s more expensive.” That’s not what Siegler is saying. He’s saying the experience of driving a merc is better (he doesn’t give any reasons it’s better) in a way which not everyone can appreciate. I don’t know if what Siegler is saying about the Nexus is right. I haven’t used it. But I can appreciate the metaphor. There is a level of attention to detail which is paid to some products that some people simply do not care about, and for other people it absolutely MAKES the product. For instance, BMW engineers the sound of the closing car door. This is something that subtly affects the experience of driving a BMW. I think this sort of thing is what Siegler was (admittedly poorly) describing."
- Horseshit | The Verge Forums - I mostly disagree about this. Yes, the original article generalized. But there are indeed aspects of experience that large groups of people just don't care about--or "get" if you would--or, as in the case of cars, dismiss as not worth the cost.
- How Much Does Facebook Know About You? [Video]
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS | aviationintel
- Infochimps Blog - RT @JoMaitlandSF: Oh boy I could get lost in data sets in here for hours! << I blame u f new productivity suck:-)
- Logo Evolution of 25 Famous Brands
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Posted by Gordon Haff at 6:38 PM