- Technobabble 2.0 - Top analyst tweeters (via TweetLevel)
- The Great Newline Schism - Fun background on newlines. (Unlike Jeff, I did use typewriters--manual ones even--in college.)
- Rough Type: Nicholas Carr's Blog: Information wants to be free my ass - "It's a strange world we live in. We begrudge the folks who actually create the stuff we enjoy reading, listening to, and watching a few pennies for their labor, and yet at the very same time we casually throw hundreds of hard-earned bucks at the saps who run the stupid networks through which the stuff is delivered. We screw the struggling artist, and pay the suit."
- LCA: How to destroy your community [LWN.net] - I think this unfairly pillories Sun specifically. But worth a read.
- Technology News: Tech Buzz: The Bane of Technology Analysts Is ... Technology? - Good piece.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:59 AM