- The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs : I’m trying to remember how many times Eric swore to me that Google would never make a phone - This is a particularly good one.
- Four short links: 7 January 2010 - O'Reilly Radar - "It's hard to disagree with the basic contention that SEO aimed at Google's rankings has fucked the web. It's a vicious circle, too: the more fake content sites are created to game Google, the harder it will be for any new web search startup to filter that effluent and deliver meaningful results in competition to Google. This is a grim feedback loop."
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips » To DNG or Not to DNG? - Interesting piece on why a lot of people don't convert to DNG upon importing into Lightroom (even though it makes sense to do so).
- Is Compliance in the Cloud Possible - "Blanket statements regarding compliance and cloud computing aren't possible, because there is no such thing as "the cloud". There are a number of different types of cloud computing services, and there are varying types of cloud infrastructures that can be created for single enterprises, and for groups of similar organizations." Good, level-headed overview of compliance in cloud computing.
- Effin Genius is like Pandora's smart little brother | Digital Noise: Music and Tech - CNET News - Looks interesting.
- Whatever happened to Second Life? | Analysis | Features | PC Pro - A fascinating and very detailed look at where Second Life is today. (And read the comments for something of a rebuttal.)
Thursday, January 07, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 11:13 AM