- Why do people decide NOT to use VDI today? - Brian Madden - BrianMadden.com - This seems on target. The "Why people use VDI" piece is also worth reading.
- Clearwire may consider 4G alternatives to WiMax | Signal Strength - CNET News - "In an interview with CNET after the 2010 CES trade show in Las Vegas where Clearwire was showing off its new network, Mike Sievert, chief commercial officer for Clearwire, said his company doesn't want to be identified solely as a WiMax carrier. Instead, he said people should think of Clearwire as a mobile broadband company that is open to different types of technology. This is a big change for a company that has been held up as the poster child for WiMax."
- Unity Technologies Blog » Blog Archive » 2010 Trends - Good post about trends in gaming from Unity's CEO. Nothing I disagree with here.
- Conanundrum: Shaming the Shameless - Tuned In - TIME.com - "What complicates this controversy—that is, makes it more awesome—is that NBC has managed to get itself into a public dispute involving two comedians who have nightly shows on its own air. Last night, Conan O'Brien's monologue got, if anything, more pointed, with O'Brien taking a direct shot at Leno: "I just want to say to the kids out there watching: You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too.""
- 10 Virtualization Vendors to Watch in 2010 - Nice rundown of some of the smaller virtualization vendors. (I talked with Kevin for this story.)
- The Five Underrated Sci-Fi Movie Masterpieces - Techland - TIME.com - I won't really argue about any of these--although Silent Running is pretty dated.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:07 AM