- Adobe Lightroom - What's New in Lightroom 2.0 final release? - What's new in Lightroom 2.
- Marginal Revolution: Are books overwritten? - Interesting discussion on the length of books. I've often felt that a lot of business books could probably fit well in a long magazine article--with perhaps some more supporting background.
- Clive Thompson on Real-World Social Networks vs. Facebook 'Friends' - Fascinating article. via @bfr3nch
- Consultants Love Life (New Format) 30 Jan08 - This is hilarious. Thanks @jpuppet.
- Novell-developer Michael Meeks interview - Whether or not Sun is handling this perfectly or not, it’s hard to see how there’s any real justification to their funding development of OpenOffice. The ODF wars are largely over for better or worse. Sun is not a fat client company in any sense. And, of course, they’re not exactly Google with all sorts of resources to fritter on non-strategic efforts.
- Sun may or may not be about to obliterate Oracle and Microsoft | The Register - "What I would have learned had I been more dedicated to my education were the two fundamental facts about multi-threading with locks: 1. You’re going to fuck it up. 2. If you think that you haven’t fucked it up, you have. You just don’t know it yet."
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:05 AM