- Amazon Web Services Blog: Can Scanning as a Service Clean Your Desk Off? - Interesting-sounding service--and it uses AWS.
- Farewell, Bill Gates - Forbes.com - "I think Microsoft will play defense from here on out. Its army of M.B.A.s will milk the monstrous franchise around Windows and Office for all it's worth and try to cushion a decline in originality and create a soft landing. The future for Microsoft looks lucrative, predictable and boring."
- louisgray.com: The Hubris of the Twitterati and Twitterati Wannabes - "I'm depressed at the hubris of what seems to be a number of users, who find the loss of followers damaging to their egos."
- 451 CAOS Theory » On open source and cloud computing - More cloud providers.
- tecosystems » Drizzle from the Clouds - Good writeup on Drizzle--essentially an Open Source project that aims to create a "version" of MySQL optimized for cloud computing.
- Coding Horror: Building Tiny, Ultra Low Power PCs - I've wanted to build a mini-/nano-ITX system for a while.
- The Long Now Foundation - Essays - Feynman and the Connection Machine [via @werner]
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 4:11 PM