- Irving Wladawsky-Berger: The Promise and Reality of Cloud Computing - Typically thoughtful piece by Irving on Cloud Computing. "In other words, something big and profound seems to be going on, although we are not totally sure what it is yet."
- Riding the Hype Cycle | Velocity - the marketing acceleration agency for B2B technology companies - Interesting paper about the intersection of marketing and the hype cycle. Like the author implies, I think the hype cycle can be over-analyzed and applied, but I find it often rather true at a conceptual level.
- ABBA songs have staying power - The Boston Globe - I find this whole question of what makes certain songs hits/"good"/popular/etc. a really interesting question.
- BlueSam Blog: Hacking The Zune Podcast Feature To Give You Bookmarks For Your Audio Books - Looks like a handy hack. I ran into this limitation and was wondering if there were any workarounds.
- Why There Aren't More Googles - I think this is the money quote: "Startups have gotten cheaper. That means they want less money, but also that there are more of them. So you can still get large returns on large amounts of money; you just have to spread it more broadly."
Monday, July 14, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:06 AM