- Linux Hater's Blog: Turn your head and KOffice - Good one: "Maybe someone thinks that if Linux has like 3 billion office suites, then it can finally take over MS Office? I mean, there's so much choice. Who could possibly resist?"
- William Vambenepe’s blog » Blog Archive » A nice place to stay in Standardstown - A very funny take on standards bodies.
- Food Notebook: Arcadia - Is it worth the price? [San Jose] - French fries in duck fat, via @carterlusher.
- EMC CEO's ego has cost investors billions | The Register - I'm not sure to what degree I lay this, well, fiasco at Joe Tucci's feet personally as opposed to many of his execs--but he is CEO after all.
- Oil Rig Photos | Home - I used to work in the offshore drilling biz. Maybe I'll put up some pics.
- One Subpoena Is All It Takes to Reveal Your Online Life - Bits - Technology - New York Times Blog - "in the United States, one of the biggest privacy issues is what information about people can be revealed through a court process, either as part of a criminal investigation or in some sort of civil dispute." This is essentially one of the issues that Eben Moglen has been making about what we now call "cloud computing" for a while.
- VMware's Diane Greene is the toast of Silicon Valley - October 15, 2007 - This is an interesting background article on Diane Greene and VMware that I missed originally.
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:06 AM