- View from the Wing » Blog Archive » Air Traffic Delays Are Awful, Everything Else is Worse - "So in the end we’re left with piecemeal tinkering, and a recognition that in a politically constrained world we have tradeoffs — and the current world is better than the one of thirty years ago."
- EconLog, Loose Mortgage Credit, Arnold Kling: Library of Economics and Liberty - "Keep this in mind when people say that better regulation could have prevented this problem. It sounds like what they are talking is that lenders charged exorbitant interest rates to hapless borrowers. In fact, lenders were guilty of charging borrowers too little for loans, as well as approving too many unqualified borrowers. If you think that alert regulators would have cracked down on lenders for providing too many home ownership opportunities to Americans, especially minorities, then you believe in a different political environment than what I remember."
- Tilt Shift Photography Comes to Advertising - Shoot The Blog - I love how these look like miniatures-- I guess because we associate that sort of out-of-focusness with pictures of small things.
- Net, Blogs and Rock'n'Roll: The myth, science and craft of music discovery - "The dynamics of discovery include a whole ecology of social recommendations, automated recommender systems, happenstance and serendipity — and the interactions between all of these influences."
- Man discovers his net wasn't neutered | The Register - "So why wasn't accidental downtime the first suspect? That's the first sign that the mob is in charge. The most rational explanation becomes the least obvious. Occam's Razor has been put away and forgotten."
- Ten things to know about Microsoft’s Live Mesh | All about Microsoft | ZDNet.com - Nice overview of Microsoft's Live Mesh.
- How Is New York Like a Japanese Farm Stand? - Freakonomics - Opinion - New York Times Blog - I confess that I'm shocked the number is so high.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 1:56 PM