- IBM offers 4,000 frequent flyer miles per core to abandon HP | The Register - As Ashlee snarkily suggests, likening trade-in credits to frequent flyer miles is perhaps not the analogy I would have chosen.
- Netcraft: Google Offers Free Web Application Hosting - Web hosting is really a simple, specialized case of Cloud Computing.
- IDC Virtualization Forum West - Part 2 at Brian Berliner’s Brain - Further data points that the nature of the desktop client is changing but the exact nature of the shift(s) hasn't really played out yet.
- Scott Rosenberg’s Wordyard » Blog Archive » Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to write Facebook apps - A good post (together with others it links to) discussing the tension between third-party platform extenders and the tendency of the platform to usurp the function for its own use.
- Poker Cheating and Casino Cheating Blog: American Roulette: Poker Bots Continue Online Cheat Gains - A less noted face of the ongoing battle against "bad guys" on the Internet.
- Woot : Book Scavenger: The New Joys of Jell-O (1973) - "The New Joys of Jell-O radiates a certain naive charm, with its optimistic belief in the power of Jell-O and its cheerful disregard for the limitations of the human digestive system."
- Vegetarians are Evil - Official Homepage - A link to send to all your vegetarian friends.
- Milgram, the Torturers of New Haven and the Truth of that Obedience Experiment - The Medium - Magazine - New York Times Blog - I saw the actual films back in school. The shorthand summary of the experiment oversimplifies, but the overall results still seem notable. However, as the films show, subjects did hesitate to greater or lesser degrees.
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:34 AM