- xkcd - A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language - By Randall Munroe - An ultimatelygnurdy cartoon.
- ASCII by Jason Scott: Scanning Infocom - Steve's a bigger packrat than I am.
- How Apple Got Everything Right By Doing Everything Wrong - "by Google's definition, Apple is irredeemably evil, behaving more like an old-fashioned industrial titan than a different-thinking business of the future." (Although they're both secretive.)
- Why (most) authors and publishers need not fear online piracy - Topic Powered by eve community - Some good discussion. As with movies, I suspect that it's mostly a matter of time (and therefore technology improvements) before this becomes more of an issue.
- Lulu Forums - Lulu.com - Long thread on LuLu about Amazon's ongoing changes about how they deal with non-Amazon Print on Demand (POD).
- Welcome to the echo chamber, Long | Ed Bott’s Windows Expertise | - "Long Zheng is shocked, shocked to discover that A-list online writers, given the choice between getting to the top of Techmeme or waiting to do some fact-checking, choose to hit Publish:"
- Corporate employee blogs: Lawsuits waiting to happen? | Tech news blog - CNET News.com - I'm not sure how broad the implications are for the case at hand which involved a senior IP person at Cisco blogging anonymously about a patent lawsuit involving Cisco.
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
The late winter/early spring travel craziness that I seem to have settled into the past few years is winding down so I should be shifting back into a more normal writing schedule.
Posted by Gordon Haff at 11:01 PM