- Megan McArdle (April 16, 2008) - Taxes done: now, the fun - "It's the annual contemplation of what, exactly, is the stupidest question I was asked while filling out my taxes...New York swung back at the last minute with a roundhouse punch: did I engage, at any point during the year, in the production of maple syrup?"
- The charmed dot-com life of Jeff Bezos - Apr. 15, 2008 - Good piece on Bezos and Amazon.
- Psystar says rumors of its demise are greatly exaggerated, still selling Open Computers - OTOH, possibly legitimate but very small scale.
- So exactly who or what is Psystar? We dig a little.. | Technology | Guardian Unlimited - Some good reporting from the Guardian. The whole PsyStar thing is looking... odd.
- Megan McArdle (April 14, 2008) - Will downloading kill the music business, part 3,980,876,312 - "Depending on concert revenue is limiting in terms of market size, and also, it seems to me, puts a time limit on an act; once your core demographic hits thirty, you'd better start looking for another job."
- Say It Ain’t Slow: Much Ado About Website Performance: Making the Font Game - Making the Rather Difficult Font game.
- Blue Jeans Cable Strikes Back - Response to Monster Cable — Audioholics Home Theater Reviews and News - Looks like Monster picked on the wrong company.
- The News Business: Out of Print: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker - "Few believe that newspapers in their current printed form will survive."
- Fold-Ins, Past and Present - The New York Times - An interactive history of the Mad back-cover fold-in — a defining feature of a defining magazine since 1964. Very cool. [Via Very Short List]
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:12 AM