- Big Data in Law: Cloud Challenge, Analytics Opportunity - Forbes - "Adding to the uncertainty is piecemeal evolution of regulations governing privacy and data security, which depend largely on where you live and do business. Europe, Australia, and Canada are in the forefront of tackling data protection, while the U.S. lags, leaving a thorny legal landscape for multinational Internet companies."
- How MIT Became the Most Important University in the WorldBoston Articles
- The 200 Greatest Movie Performances Of All Time | TotalFilm.com
- Technology & Marketing Law Blog: How Zappos' User Agreement Failed In Court and Left Zappos Legally Naked (Forbes Cross-Post) - "Avoiding this outcome is surprisingly easy. Use clickthrough agreements, not browsewraps, and remove any clauses that say you can unilaterally amend the contract."
- Here's the CIO Playbook for the Next 5 years - Forbes - "In some ways the core idea in Martha Heller’s new book, The CIO Paradox is a paradox in itself. For Heller makes a strong case for CIOs to adapt to the new IT paradigm, but by adapting to it, the CIO becomes less CIO and more like their executive counterparts. Yet for me, that is the natural evolution of the CIO."
- Hurricane Sandy’s Biggest Idiots: Jet Skiing on the Hudson & More (VIDEO) - The Daily Beast
- Emerging Technologies Conference at MIT - All the session links. Couldn't make it this year. Look forward to watching some of these.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:55 PM