- Amazon.com : Make Ice Cream with Liquid Nitrogen - This is great!
- The Atlantic Tech Canon - Alexis Madrigal - Technology - The Atlantic
- Weak Ties, Twitter and Revolution | Wired Science | Wired.com - "These are all important questions, and I don’t think we have many good answers. But I would quibble with Gladwell’s wholesale rejection of weak ties as a means of building a social movement. (I have some issues with Shirky, too.) It turns out that such distant relationships aren’t just useful for getting jobs or spreading trends or sharing information. According to Granovetter, they might also help us fight back against the Man, or at least the redevelopment agency."
- Cloud Computing's Stormy Future - Bloomberg - "Cloud computing has the potential to generate a series of disruptions that will ripple out from the tech industry and ultimately transform many industries around the world. This is definitely a technology that deserves serious discussion from the entire senior leadership team of a company."
- The Tech - Browse Volume 97 - Re: the latest Duke thing. Nothing is ever truly new. See story about thursday (newspaper) in this issue.
- The Sounding Board: Worth Watching: Journalism in the Age of Data
- Apple Logo Is an Agnostic's Crucifix, Star of David: Study | Fast Company - "In both cases, "those that were highly religious [or primed to think about religion] cared less about national brands ... religion reduces brand reliance by apparently satisfying the need to express self-worth.""
- Evaluating TEDx as a brand strategy | opensource.com - "When it comes to choosing the right brand strategy for our current 2010 world, we need to weigh two opposing forces tugging mightily at each other."
Monday, October 04, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:15 AM