- Intel's next must-have upgrade: a look at Sandy Bridge - The most interesting aspect to this for me is that we seem to have a bifurcation between desktop designs and server architectures.
- There is no Plan B: why the IPv4-to-IPv6 transition will be ugly - Nice overview of IPv6 history and transition plans.
- New iPod nano BOM at US$43.73, says iSuppli - The BOM teardown. Nice margins.
- The Wisdom of Clouds - a blog about cloud computing by James Urquhart - CNET News - "Even if, say, a vendor solution is a "drop in" technology initially, the complexity and tradeoffs of a long-term dependency on the vendor adds greatly to the cost and complexity."
- Hack The Stack Or Go On a Bender With a Vendor? | Rational Survivability - Good piece. In a followon piece, James Urquhart also correctly notes that even integrated "clouds in a box" aren't just plug and play, especially over time.
- Scott Adams Blog: Wireless Voice Calls are Obsolete 09/29/2010 - "Another great advantage of texting is that it thwarts bores. Bores love voice conversations. In a pinch, they will send you overlong emails. But texting forces boring people to be brief. How great is that?"
- Fritinancy: Does This Name Make Me Look Fat? - Good piece on naming.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 6:33 AM