- Shutterfinger: What Your Choice of Camera Says About You - Funny!
- Enterprises face integration hurdles to private clouds - Some of the challenges in moving from virtualization to private clouds.
- Virtualization Then & Now: Symposium 2009-2010 - "IaaS (infrastructure as a service) providers have focused on open source and internal technologies to deliver solutions at the lowest possible cost. But that’s changing. In the past year, there’s been a rapidly growing trend for IaaS providers to add support for major commercial VM formats – especially VMware, but also Hyper-V and XenServer. The reason? To create an easy on-ramp for enterprises. As enteprises virtualize (and in many cases, build private clouds), the IaaS providers know that they need to make interoperability, hybrid, overdrafting, migration as easy as possible."
- What is VMware vCloud Director? - Brief but good overview of various prerequisites and user reaction.
- Rocky and Bullwinkle Creator Alex Anderson Dies - TIME - "Animation has had plenty of unknown geniuses — from the directors, artists and storymen of Walt Disney's early features to the sly hands behind the silent pornographic cartoon Buried Treasure — but few were more obscure, or more important, than Alexander Anderson, who died Friday at 90 in Carmel, Calif. Anderson created the characters Rocky the flying squirrel, Bullwinkle Moose and Dudley Do-Right, and the vaudeville-style format, for the 1959 animated program Rocky and His Friends and its 1961 spin-off The Bullwinkle Show, known collectively as The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. "
Friday, October 29, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:33 PM