- Irving Wladawsky-Berger: Julia Child, Innovation, and the Open Mind - "
Julia’s revolution in good cooking . . . the acceptance of other people’s foods . . . represents something very hospitable . . . something welcoming . . . something reflective of an open mind, . . . and an open spirit as well."
- Have You Ever Tried to Sell a Diamond? - The Atlantic (February 1982) - Fascinating, although things have changed somewhat in the past 20 years. DeBeers does not have the monopoly they once had.
- Panasonic Lumix GF1 Field Test — 16 Days in the Himalayas - Nice review. I'd probably be thrilled with this camera. I just wish it were half the price.
- Demand Media Is a Page View Generating Machine - And it's Working - "Whether we like it or not, success on the Web mostly comes from quantity and not quality."
- SoundHound: A Music App That Could Change Mobile Search - ReadWriteStart - This may be worth buying.
- How the Google Chrome Commercials were made
- Whats what in VMware View and VDI Land - Virtual Geek - Good look at the I/O issues (and how to mitigate them) associated with VMware VDI (or really VDI in general).
- Networked Learning Design - Occasional rants - I was wrong: games ARE an alternative vision. - I think this (probably deliberately) overstates the case but interesting nonetheless.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 4:41 PM