- Tools to Cut a Mountain of Online Travel Tips Down to Size - NYTimes.com - Travel organization tools.
- Television Review - 'Inside the Mind of Google' - A Peek Inside Google, Its Methods and Repercussions, on CNBC - NYTimes.com - "The best way to watch “Inside the Mind of Google,” Maria Bartiromo’s report on the Internet giant Thursday on CNBC, is to not watch the first quarter of it. "
- What's new in Linux 2.6.32 - The H Open Source: News and Features - Good overview of a many of the latest goings on in the Linux kernel.
- Which Came First, the Chicken or the Egg? (Part One) - Opinionator Blog - NYTimes.com - The first of Errol Morris' massive 3-part discussion, though that's too wan a term, on Roger Fenton's famous Crimean War photo.
- SGI previews UltraViolet Nehalem EX blade clusters • The Register - Good look at SGI's modular plans Nehalem EX.
- Midrange, big iron take the Q3 hits • The Register - Blades continue to do well. And IBM gaining back some ground vs. HP. Another interesting thing in IDC Q3 server data. Virt seemingly not driving bigger x86. Some waiting for Nehalem-EX?
- tecosystems » NoSQL: Not Going Anywhere For a While? - I generally agree with Stephen's sentiments. On the one hand it’s useful to have an umbrella term that refers to a bunch of stuff that isn’t a relational database. OTOH, NoSQL is getting used to cover very dissimilar techs which I’ve seen cause confusion.
Thursday, December 03, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:05 AM