- Damn Interesting • Rapatronic Nuclear Photographs - The possibility of non-mechanical camera shutters came up in a conversation. I pointed out that Doc Edgerton did it in 1944.
- Will MIDs and UMPCs Inherit the Earth? (Part 1 Introduction) « Pat Moorhead - I remain a believer in a future tablet form factor, but am skeptical of smartphone formfactors that aren't smartphones.
- VMware Predictions for 2010 - What's Next for All of us? : VMblog.com - Virtualization Technology News and Information for Everyone - By Stephen Herrod, VMware's CTO
- http://civic.mit.edu/blog/andrew/ron-steinmans-strong-stand-against-citizen-journalism - The head of NBC's Saigon bureau argues against citizen journalism. "I think it was new-media critic Dan Gillmor who coined the phrase "almost journalist." If he did, we should raise a loud cheer. Gillmor clearly defines what others have been designating as journalists who, for me, are citizens first and journalists second. No matter what the amateurs among us contend it does take training, guidance and experience to qualify as a working journalist. That does not happen overnight. Not everyone who tries succeeds. I prefer to call those who think they are citizen journalists "accidental journalists," especially those who are faux photojournalists because they happen to get a useful photo by being in the right place at the right time."
- Starting December 5, 2009 - I'm going to check this app out to see if it fills a need.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 5:00 PM