- Googleâ€™s Road Map to Global Domination - NYTimes.com
- Absolutely No Machete Juggling » The Star Wars Saga: Introducing Machete Order
- Always Print Your Travel Itinerary (All-Electronic Isn't) - View from the Wing - View from the Wing - I think this is good advice--especially for international travel:
- How hardware shapes software - CNET
- Madrid's smart parking meters to charge more for most polluting cars | World news | The Guardian - RT @jkirklan: #iot brings complex variable pricing to the world. Usage or class based prices will allocate costs precisely e.g.,
- GearD: The Intersection of PaaS, Docker and Project Atomic | Openshift Blog
- Inktank Acquisition - RT @Obdurodon: My thoughts about Red Hat acquiring Inktank. tl;dr This rocks.
- Glacier redux - Interesting that Amazon has been able to keep this a secret. Supposedly informed (but unnamed) sources last year claimed it was tape. I still put it all in the speculation bucket.
- Computer History Museum | Exhibits | This Day in History: April 25 - RT @sandhillstrat: 53 yrs ago today, patent for integrated circuit issued to Robert Noyce. World has never been same #history
- GOVERNOR PATRICK ANNOUNCES FUNDING TO LAUNCH MASSACHUSETTS OPEN CLOUD PROJECT, CELEBRATES RELEASE OF 2014 MASS BIG DATA REPORT » MassBigData - Massachusetts Open Cloud was announced last Friday. Creating new public cloud infrastructure for big data
- Advice to young critics | MZS | Roger Ebert - A lot of this applies well out of film etc. criticism as well.
- Apple's iPhone 5c ate up Android while Google's Moto X flopped: why everyone was wrong
- New Old Stock
- The New Stack - RT @heathercfitz: Congratulations to @alexwilliams and @thenewstack editorial team for the launch of a new, very cool site
- New York City Subway Maps Across Time
- DevOps: Caution Ahead | DevOps.comDevOps.com - “I started working with those sort of DevOps-y concepts back before I was aware of the term “DevOps,” Mortman adds. “I was calling it “Agile InfoSec” and “Agile Ops.” And with that mindset, even the most regulated, paranoid enterprise can embrace DevOps. Start with small, modestly achievable goals and build from there. Collaborate and more tightly integrate the teams.
- The Invention of Jaywalking Was a Massive Shaming Campaign
Monday, May 05, 2014
Posted by Gordon Haff at 11:21 AM