- Go Ahead, Quote My Tweet | TIME.com - "But certain principles cut across media: that quotes shouldn’t be deceptive, but also that public writing is fair game to quote. Twitter is actual writing; it’s an important communication medium, and it deserves to be treated like it. Even, like it or not, by the people selling stuff."
- When a (Partial) Tweet Becomes an Ad, What Are the Rules? - NYTimes.com - "In the end, nothing terrible happened here. But it’s a moment that, at the very least, ought to cause some internal discussion at The Times and the establishing of clear rules and practices."
- A Makeover for Maps - NYTimes.com - “It doesn’t work if it’s not moving,” said Mr. Rodenbeck, the head of Stamen Design, a San Francisco studio that Google, Facebook and Microsoft have all used for help in turning fast-paced digital information into easily understood images. “It doesn’t work if you can’t touch it.”
- Diane Paulus, center stage - Theater & art - The Boston Globe
- Black Duck Software CEO Tim Yeaton Rejoins Red Hat to Lead Newly-Formed Infrastructure Group - RT @shaunconnolly: Congrats to @tbyeaton re: Tim Yeaton Rejoins Red Hat to Lead Newly-Formed Infrastructure Group #redhat
- The Future of OpenShift and Docker Containers | OpenShift by Red Hat - The Future of OpenShift and Docker Containers
- Where the best designers go to find photos and graphics - Not a great title. These are pointers to free-to-use photos. But a useful resource nonetheless.
- Lexical Distance Among the Languages of Europe « Etymologikon™
Tuesday, January 07, 2014
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:09 PM