- Honor Thy Tux: Linux Foundation Membership Drive Is Also for the Birds: Associations Now - RT @jennifercloer: Honor Thy Tux: Linux Foundation Membership Drive Is Also for the Birds via @sharethis
- Albany Dish-HarvardX: SPU27x
- Obamacare Is No Starship Enterprise - Bloomberg - "But at the end of the day, when people are demanding that you do the impossible, your job is to explain why you can’t. The ability to manage the expectations of nontechnical users is actually an important piece of domain knowledge for technical people; if you flub that, you’ll fail just as surely as if you get the hardware or software wrong. And, of course, on the other side, nontechnical stakeholders should make it their business to find out what is possible before, not after, they commit to designs and deadlines."
- Please Don't Let Me Make Calls on the Plane | MIT Technology Review - “@techreview: FCC Tries to Walk Back Airline Calls ” << This--however much libertarian in me sez it's not FCCs biz
- Marginally Interesting: How Python became the language of choice for data science - RT @AbeGong: Two good posts on why python is becoming the lingua franca for a lot of #dataScience
- » Blog Archive » The homogenization of scientific computing, or why Python is steadily eating other languages’ lunch - RT @AbeGong: Two good posts on why python is becoming the lingua franca for a lot of #dataScience
- Storage and the 'big data' opportunity: what went wrong? - "Note EMC has moved most of its big data initiatives into its notably non-storage carve-off Pivotal, and is now toning down the big-data message in its overall marketing."
- Red Hat, Rackspace defend OpenStack against analyst's barbs | Openstack - InfoWorld
- 25 PR Habits That Drive Reporters Nuts | Digiday - “@TechJournalist: RT @gigabarb: 25 PR Habits That Drive Reporters Nuts - Digiday ” Fully agree w most of this.
- Scientists banish NAS sprawl with Red Hat scale-out NAS software - TechTarget - RT @RedHatNews: Scientists banish NAS sprawl with Red Hat scale-out #NAS software #Storage
- How to Sell When 97 Percent of Your Calls Now Go to Voicemail - Business 2 Community
- Whither OpenStack? | Speaking of Clouds - Distributed applications and virtual infrastructures - "tl;dr OpenStack’s sweet spots seem to be SaaS providers and carriers. Public deployments will struggle; private clouds are difficult and may be ephemeral." -- Without getting into all the details, a lot of this post is premised on a belief that public clouds conquer all. A point with which I disagree, for significant use cases.
- Google Plus Hangout Mastery - Helping you Master the Art of Google Hangouts and Hangouts on Air
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:17 PM