- Burkhard Bilger: Inside Google’s Driverless Car : The New Yorker - "Not everyone finds this prospect appealing. As a commercial for the Dodge Charger put it two years ago, “Hands-free driving, cars that park themselves, an unmanned car driven by a search-engine company? We’ve seen that movie. It ends with robots harvesting our bodies for energy.”"
- Day 21: Docker--The Missing Tutorial | OpenShift by Red Hat
- What does Docker add to just plain LXC? - Stack Overflow
- JSON Visualization
- Udacity: Shifting Models Means Never Having to Say You’re Sorry | All MOOCs, All The Time - Although I don't really agree with a lot of the tone of this piece, it nicely distills why there's so much anger at Udacity's "pivot" (or whatever it is). Namely that it a shift away--not only from being disruptive, but from being disruptive in a way that helps an underserved population.
- Irving Wladawsky-Berger: Understanding the Workings of Our Minds
- Your visual how-to guide for SELinux policy enforcement | opensource.com - Really nicely done (and fun).
- How Amazon is building substations, laying fiber and generally doing everything to keep cloud costs down — Tech News and Analysis - RT @jdsboston: RT @derrickharris Great recap of James Hamilton session on AWS under the hood
- As Oracle axes support for GlassFish, MySQL users might want to pay attention | ParElastic - RT @textfiles: saying Oracle has “not proven to be a trusting steward of [open source]” is like saying a fireplace is a subpar nanny
Monday, November 18, 2013
Posted by Gordon Haff at 3:10 PM