- Multiplayer Game 'Eve Online' Cultivates a Most Devoted Following - Businessweek
- Why I've Left the Media Business - "Instead of inventing a new business model, media companies keep trying to tweak the old one. By that I mean they keep trying to invent new kinds of advertising. It’s a pointless exercise. They’re like blacksmiths who are responding to Henry Ford and his automobile by trying to create a better horseshoe."
- The NYSE Community Cloud Success Story Points to Another Cloud Model @BizTechMagazine - "Community clouds aren’t new; Red Hat cloud evangelist Gordon Haff was praising the model as the future in a CNET article back in 2010. Some people consider community clouds a subset of private or hybrid clouds, but Hollis argues in a post on his blog that the community cloud deserves recognition as its own distinct model of cloud computing, and that other industries should consider a community approach before going solo:"
- Hotel minibars: Minibar blues | The Economist - It would make me happy if hotels scrapped minibars and left empty refrigerators instead.
- When Hell Froze Over---in the Harvard Business Review | Xconomy
- Retargeting in Digital Advertising Can Backfire | MIT Technology Review - "In the rush to use ever-more data about people, Tucker says, ads are too often shown to those who have already decided whether to buy or not buy the product, or who have bought it already. “What we may be doing is wasting a lot of money.”"
- MOOCs: A view from the digital trenches - I'm taking @kwerb's gamification course.
- Rational Survivability » Video Of My ’12 Microsoft Bluehat Talk: Sh*t My Cloud Evangelist Says
- MoMA’s Act of Vandalism by Martin Filler | NYRblog | The New York Review of Books
- Untitled (http://www.amazon.com/Diversity-Complexity-Primers-Complex-ebook/dp/B0058E3K6E/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1366158065&sr=1-2) - @dturkenk The intersection w complex adaptive systems in looks interesting. cc: @jamesurquhart
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:01 PM