- Quirky serifs aside, Georgia fonts win on Web - Style - International Herald Tribune - The New York Times
- Print - The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden... Is Screwed - Esquire
- The Keeper of Secrets: The Dance of Community Leadership - RT @Outercurve: MT @lhawthorn: Video from #FOSDEM closing keynote at - slides here Please use, ...
- Untitled (http://mirror.be.gbxs.net/video.fosdem.org//2013/maintracks/Janson/The_Keeper_of_Secrets.webm) - RT @Outercurve: MT @lhawthorn: Video from #FOSDEM closing keynote at - slides here Please use, ...
- 1 | The Untold Story Of How The Aeron Chair Was Born | Co.Design: business + innovation + design
- Crossing the Atlantic on the Queen Mary 2 - WSJ.com
- ‘Engineers of Victory,’ by Paul Kennedy - NYTimes.com - "Unlike most studies of the war, this one is not primarily about politics, generalship or battlefield glories. References to the Big Three are few. Instead, like an engineer who pries open a pocket watch to reveal its inner mechanics, Kennedy tells how little-known men and women at lower levels helped win the war."
- Twitter / nbcbayarea: Great snow photo from our NBC ... - RT @Pogue: OMG. May be the best Nemo Snowstorm photo ever. Says it all.
- The Unsettling Beauty of Lethal Viruses | Collage of Arts and Sciences
- Expanding the Cloud – Introducing AWS Marketplace - All Things Distributed
- Dan Ariely IKEA effect « - RT @peakscale: The "IKEA effect" << Contributes to NIH and why ppl still like IaaS over PaaS. :-\
- American Household Gadget Exceptionalism - The Daily Beast - As someone who grew up in a house with a dishwasher, I was always a bit surprised how long it took them to become prevalent in the US. (That was an anecdotal impression but it's backed up by the posted chart. There was a period when it seemed as if microwave ovens were more commonplace than dishwashers even though they arrived on the scene much later. (Of course, microwave ovens can be far more easily added to a kitchen not designed for them.)
- The meteorology behind the blizzard of February 6-7th 1978 - Weather Wisdom - Boston.com
- Gorgeous Landscape Time-lapse Created Over 1 Year and with 17,000 Photos
- The Endangered Fate of Barnes & Noble - Peter Osnos - The Atlantic - One of the reasons I went w Amazon CreateSpace for cloud book. In absence of bookstores, publishers add less value
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Posted by Gordon Haff at 8:09 AM