- Digital Universe 2011
- The Politics of Beer: Stay Nonpartisan, My Friends - Hotline On Call
- How to build a windmill part 2, parts, nuts, bolts and blades - Jacques Mattheij
- Shocker! Marissa Mayer Has No Magical, Secret Plan to Save Yahoo | PandoDaily - "This plan was written five CEOs ago. Think about that for a minute."
- Spurned by VCs, a chip startup turns to Kickstarter — Cloud Computing News - RT @gigastacey: Spurned by VCs, a chip startup turns to Kickstarter >> This project is cool but is NOT the fu ...
- Don't Let OpenStack Hype Distort Your Selection of a Cloud Management Platform in 2012
- The Top 3 New Swift Features in OpenStack Folsom - SwiftStack - RT @OpenStack: Awesome blog post by @notmyname (Swift PTL) on what's new in Folsom for OpenStack Object Storage:
- You Think the MBTA is Hard to Navigate Now? Try Doing it in 1945 old map – BostInno
- C-Suite Briefing: Top Disruptive Technology Trends That Will Change How You Do Business (Post I of II) - CA Innovation Today - CA Technologies
- How Star Trek: The Next Generation Changed Pop Culture Forever | Entertainment | TIME.com
- How to build a windmill - Jacques Mattheij
- Buddhist 'Iron Man' Found by Nazis Is from Space: Scientific American - "A Buddhist statue brought to Germany from Tibet by a Nazi-backed expedition has been confirmed as having an extraterrestrial origin."
- Apple’s iOS6 – The Best Place For Maps | Technomadia - RT @nic221: Apple’s iOS6 – The Best Place For Maps. (best article I've seen about pros/cons of Apple & Google maps)
- The CMO doesn’t want to be in charge of IT either | Andi Mann – Ubergeek - RT @AndiMann: My response to @gigabarb () on the #CMO (#CFO, #COO) becoming the #CIO … or not! ...
- Video - Survey Finds Asian Airlines' Service Superior to U.S. Carriers' - WSJ.com - RT @WSJ VIDEO Why America carriers have bad service. Tiptoes a bit around differences in flight attendants.
- Fighting FUD: cloud players try to make sense of European data laws — Cloud Computing News - "Drumgoole said much of the concern over European regs is overblown. ”EU data privacy laws are the new trendy reason not to like the cloud. Basically, the rule is you must have command and control over data and know where it lies, you must be able to delete it, and provide audit records of what happens with it. These are fundamental things you should do whether you’re in the cloud or your own data center. You can’t put your data to bed in Germany and have it wake up in France.”"
- A Conversation With Randall Munroe, the Creator of XKCD - Megan Garber - The Atlantic - RT @mathewi: Instapapered RT @megangarber: My chat with Randall Munroe, the brilliant mind behind xkcd
Friday, September 28, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 1:17 PM