- Facebook's face recognition strategy may be just the ticket - O'Reilly Radar - "This is part of my general thinking about privacy. We need to move away from a Maginot-line like approach where we try to put up walls to keep information from leaking out, and instead assume that most things that used to be private are now knowable via various forms of data mining. Once we do that, we start to engage in a question of what uses are permitted, and what uses are not."
- “It Just Works.” - "Files are something Microsoft worries about. Files in the cloud are something Google and Amazon worry about. Apple’s iCloud is about opening an application and the thing you want to access being there."
- She texted. We kicked her out. : Blog : Austin : Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - "Ma'am, you may be free to text in all the other theaters in the Magnited States of America, but here at our "little crappy ass theater," you are not. Why you may ask? Well, we actually do give a f*$k."
- WoodITWork.com » Why VMwaorld vCloud Director Isn't for Today's Private Cloud - Generally agree with respect to automation/service catalog but isolation and security are important even in private cloud context.
- 451 CAOS Theory » The trend towards permissive licensing
- announcing olduse.net
- Short logic (Groupon IPO: Pass on this deal) - "Losing billions for years is generally not a winning strategy, despite the odd exception."
Thursday, June 09, 2011
Posted by Gordon Haff at 3:14 PM