- Canned Platypus » Blog Archive » Caching vs. Replication II
- Nimbula rips pages from Microsoft's announcement strategy book | ZDNet - "Microsoft is noted for a media relations strategy that persuades otherwise jaded analysts, journalists and consultants to write about products and services long before they’re really available for public consumption. It appears that Nimbula is in the process of executing a similar strategy. That being said, the company has some really interesting ideas about making cloud-based applications transportable that are worthy of consideration."
- Tips to Stop Sucking at PowerPoint
- Rough Type: Nicholas Carr's Blog: The cloud press - I'm still not sure that WikiLeaks isn't an extreme enough example that it doesn't say much about the cloud in general. But this piece does shine a little more light on how journalism intersects the cloud.
- Ten Great Movies that Reimagine Shakespeare - The Tempest, 10 Things I Hate About You, West Side Story | Nerve.com
- a sea of lead, a sky of slate: Abandoned on Everest
- Rough Type: Nicholas Carr's Blog: The attack on Do Not Track - "There may be valid arguments to make against a Do Not Track program - some of the technical details remain fuzzy, and government regulation, if done clumsily, can impede innovation - but the suggestion that people shouldn't be allowed to make informed choices about their privacy because some businesses may suffer as a result of those choices is ludicrous and even offensive."
- The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs : Hate-spewing “Christians” need to listen up - I should not laugh. (Though Dan should have quit while he was ahead. It gets preachy after a bit.)
- Nelson's Weblog: culture / information-wants-to-be-free - Good, succinct summary.
- WikiLeaks: 6 quirky revelations you may have missed - The Week - Priceless!
- 41Latitude - Google Maps & Label Readability - Really interesting low-level look about legibility of Google maps.
- Public Cloud Computing is NOT For Everyone | Andi Mann – Übergeek - Good counterpoint to the everything-should-migrate-to-public-cloud crowd.
- Understanding the Novell Deal (and when we'll learn more) - ConsortiumInfo.org - Lots of info on the deal mechanics.
- CA Technologies - 7-11: 7 Virtualization Predictions for 2011 : VMblog.com - Virtualization Technology News and Information for Everyone
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:09 AM