- The dark side of geo: PleaseRobMe.com | The Social - CNET News - I'm not quite sure what to think of this. On the one hand, I don't really see it as a problem today. On the other, though, we've probably only seen the tip of the implications associated with massive public mashing up of personal information.
- Getting Geeked for ‘Glee’ - ArtsBeat Blog - NYTimes.com - "If you’re yearning for a television series where religious attention to picayune details isn’t mandatory (and which isn’t “Gossip Girl”), the folks at Fox have provided this preview of coming episodes of “Glee,” which returns to the network’s schedule in April." Much as I like the intricate serial dramas on TV, there is a very real limit to my bandwidth for that kind of show.
- The Online Photographer: We Hear From Harlan - "
Well, to my surprise, yesterday I got a delightful little note back, typed on a tiny square of paper (reproduced here more or less actual size), no doubt with the ancient manual Olympia typewriter Harlan is famous for continuing to be faithful to. Pronouncing himself "pleased and stunned," he says "YOU are the first—the VERY FIRST—mensch & Good Guy to ever send me a payment for the work YouTube, et al, have mis-appropriated." "
- Clay Shirky: Doing work, or Doing Work? | blog@CACM | Communications of the ACM
- SFFaudio - Science fiction audiobooks.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:06 AM