- Is BYOPC Really Key to Attracting Millennials? | Andi Mann – Übergeek - "This then has significant implications for CIOs and others looking at BYOPC. Despite the validity (or otherwise) of any other claims in favour of BYOPC, no organization should be looking to BYOPC to attract and retain staff from the echo boom generation. They would be better off looking at a dozen or more other important factors than spending the significant time, effort, and money on implementing a BYOPC program."
- Panopticlick - Your browser fingerprint may be unique.
- Why People Don't Check Voicemail Anymore - well, that, and Go... on Twitpic - Yep, about right.
- New Echo Nest APIs demoed at the Stockholm Music Hackday « Music Machinery
- ‘Calvin and Hobbes’ Creator Speaks - ArtsBeat Blog - NYTimes.com - "It’s not quite as impressive as scoring, say, the last known interview with J. D. Salinger, but The Cleveland Plain Dealer has landed what is believed to be the first interview in nearly 20 years with Bill Watterson, the reclusive creator of the comic strip “Calvin and Hobbes.” "
- Apple's iPad vs. Amazon's Kindle: It's not zero sum | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com - "Frankly, I just want a series of paperthin screens that can tether to one computing device and break off depending on the use case I needed at that very minute. We’re building an arsenal of gadgets largely over the size of a screen." Interesting thought although plug-and-play modularity of this sort is very hard to get right. And, so long as we use the iTunes sync model, I'm not sure there's a big win in that modularity. (The big problem with multiple computers is their "care and feeding.")
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:08 PM