- John Nack on Adobe: Adobe is "sabotaging" HTML5?? - The response seems fair as far as it goes although it's also true that as someone notes in the comments: "Adobe has made it *extremely* easy for people to believe this kind of thing, and it's almost entirely self-inflicted. When you look at the Flash team's response to criticism, the tone is really clear: "Flash is doing just great, and if you don't like it, you're some kind of Steve Jobs Flavor-Aid swilling nutbar. You can't have the internet without flash, and if you think otherwise, you're a fanatic.""
- Test Your Geography Knowledge
- Metropolis: The Restored Sci-Fi Masterpiece, Streaming Live Now (For the First Time!) - Techland - TIME.com - Apparently a restored (with much thought lost footage) version of Metropolis debuted at the Berlin Film Festival.
- Coding Horror: International Backup Awareness Day - "Don't rely on your host or anyone else to back up your important data. Do it yourself. If you aren't personally responsible for your own backups, they are effectively not happening."
- FRONTLINE: digital nation: watch the full program | PBS - “I teach the most brilliant students in the world,” says MIT professor and clinical psychologist Sherry Turkle, who describes the challenges of teaching students who are surfing the Internet and texting during class. “But they have done themselves a disservice by drinking the Kool-Aid and believing that a multitasking learning environment will serve their best purposes. There are just some things that are not amenable to being thought about in conjunction with 15 other things.”
- Things that Make me go Hmm - A chart showing just how small Xbox (and for that matter online services) are in the context of Microsoft as a whole.
- Galleries / Photography / High Speed | Fubiz™ - Colorful high speed photos.
- Giz Explains: Why ISO Is the New Megapixel - Digital Cameras - Gizmodo
- dtoy_vs_byokal - A virtual kaleidoscope.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:37 AM